Thursday, January 9, 2014

Preparing for this day

I opened my eyes this morning and began thinking about tomorrow. I am ready. The items I've chosen to take with me are packed I can now focus on today. In a few moments I will be in my studio. It's still dark outside but the fireplace is warm and inviting. I love this quiet time as I prepare to stretch my body before the sun rises.

I'm thinking about my classes today. The holidays and the weather have kept me away from my students for much too long. I'm looking forward to seeing them and sharing our yoga together. We will be separated again next week when I leave for Kripalu. So much joy when we are together I'll miss them. Their devotion and support are why I am on this journey.

I look at my calendar and see a quote from Pema Chodron. "We've never experienced this moment before, and the next moment will not be the same as the one you are in now. It reminds me to let go of the worries and and be grateful for the beauty that surrounds me as the sun rises.

No comments:

Post a Comment